Call for contributed scientific communications
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2018 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts. The conference will feature two categories of communications:
– oral communications (full papers: 15′ presentation + 5′ questions, short papers: 10′ presentation + 5′ questions.)
– poster communications (on display for ONE DAY during the Poster Session and the 2 hours’ presentation)
Full paper submission
Authors willing to present original contributions as a full paper must submit a manuscript of maximum 10 pages of length (with references included). Manuscripts will be reviewed to the international standards by independent academic referees.
The review process in ICANN 2018 will be Single Blind. We accept manuscripts longer than 10 pages but the cost is 100 Euros per each EXTRA page.
Accepted papers of contributing authors will be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Short paper (extended abstract) submission
Authors willing to present a contribution for oral communications or posters without submitting a full manuscript must submit a short paper (minimum 2 pages and maximum 8 pages, with references included) that will also be refereed by academic referees. The accepted short papers will be published in the proceedings.
How to submit a contribution
Important: While visiting EasyAcademia.org, please use Firefox or Chrome. Internet Explorer or other browsers may have compatibility issues which can prevent you from submitting.
- Create an “EasyAcademia” account through www.easyacademia.org
- Activate your account by clicking on the activation link sent into your email account
Note: Please check your Spam folder if you have not received the email within a few minutes.
- Log into www.easyacademia.org/icann2018, using the login details you provided at the beginning.
- Please click on Start a new submission on the top right to enter the submission process.
- Select an appropriate track (Brain Inspired Computing / Machine Learning Research)
- Go through the guidelines, and then select an appropriate format (short or full oral / poster contribution)
- Enter the appropriate information in the Title step.
- Under Authors please input details for each author of the paper. At least one author must be marked for each type of role available (presenter, corresponding).
Note: Only authors marked as correspondents will receive updates and information regarding the submission.
- Select topic(s) more applicable to your submission.
- In the Upload step, please click on Upload Paper and find the relevant completed document for your submission on your computer (PDF).
- Under Summary you may check the details of the submission. If you wish to go back to a section in order to change details, just click on the appropriate step on the left.
- If you are happy with the summary information, please click on Submit Now to finalize the process, and a notification e-mail will be sent to the correspondents.
- If at any point you are having trouble submitting, or require more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond back as soon as possible.
Types of accepted papers
During the submission process, make sure to select the kind of contribution you want to submit. To summarise, the following options are available:
- short paper ACCEPTANCE with oral contribution (10′ presentation + 5′ questions), maximum 8 pages minimum 2 pages.
- full paper ACCEPTANCE with oral contribution (15′ presentation + 5′ questions) Maximum 10 pages.
- short paper ACCEPTANCE and poster (no talk) Maximum 8 pages minimum 2 pages.
- full paper ACCEPTANCE and poster (no talk) Maximum 10 pages.
For every extra page there is a fee of 100 euros per page.
Notice that the choice between poster and oral presentation is only a request. The program committee reserves the right to change the format of a contribution if necessary.
In case of full paper submission, the maximum length is 10 pages (with references included; the number of pages should always be even). In case of short paper submission, the maximum length is 8 pages (with references included). In both cases, please typeset your text with the template files provided below.
Authors must follow the LNCS guidelines below for their paper to be published by Springer.
Materials and instructions for the LNCS series
- Information for Authors of Springer Computer Science Proceedings (by Springer) and Springer Guidelines for Authors of Proceedings (pdf file).
- LaTeX 2e Class and Templates for Lecture Notes in Computer Science. :
- Microsoft Word template (other versions available on the Springer website)
- Copyright Form for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (to be uploaded with the camera-ready version of the paper, after acceptance).
To prepare your submission, please download the template files above. You should submit both a source file (either LaTeX or Microsoft Word) and a PDF file. Make sure that the PDF is in A4 format. The files should be submitted to the link at the top of this page.