Call for contributed scientific communications
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2018 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts. The conference will feature two categories of communications:
– oral communications (15′ + 5′)
– poster communications (on display all the time and 2 hours’ presentation)
Full paper submission
Authors willing to present original contributions as a full paper must submit a manuscript of maximum 10 pages of length. Manuscripts will be reviewed to international standards by, at least, three referees. We accept manuscripts longer than 10 pages but the cost is 100 Euros per each EXTRA page. Accepted papers of contributing authors will be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Short paper (extended abstract) submission (NEW!)
As a new possibility at ICANN, authors willing to present a contribution for oral communications or posters without submitting a full manuscript must submit a 2-page short paper (extended abstract) that will also be refereed by, at least, three referees. The short papers will be published in the proceedings.
In case of programme constraints the priority will be given to original contributions accompanied by a full paper submission.
How to submit a contribution
Important: While visiting EasyAcademia.org, please use Firefox or Chrome. Internet Explorer or other browsers may have compatibility issues which can prevent you from submitting.
- Create an “EasyAcademia” account through www.easyacademia.org
- Activate your account by clicking on the activation link sent into your email account
Note: Please check your Spam folder if you have not received the email within a few minutes.
- Log into www.easyacademia.org/icann2018, using the login details you provided at the beginning.
- Please click on Start a new submission on the top right to enter the submission process.
- Select an appropriate track (Brain Inspired Computing / Machine Learning Research)
- Go through the guidelines, and then select an appropriate format (short or full oral / poster contribution)
- Enter the appropriate information in the Title step.
- Under Authors please input details for each author of the paper. At least one author must be marked for each type of role available (presenter, corresponding).
Note: Only authors marked as correspondents will receive updates and information regarding the submission.
- Select topic(s) more applicable to your submission.
- In the Upload step, please click on Upload Paper and find the relevant completed document for your submission on your computer (PDF).
- Under Summary you may check the details of the submission. If you wish to go back to a section in order to change details, just click on the appropriate step on the left.
- If you are happy with the summary information, please click on Submit Now to finalize the process, and a notification e-mail will be sent to the correspondents.
- If at any point you are having trouble submitting, or require more information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond back as soon as possible.
Types of submissions
During the submission process, make sure to select the kind of contribution you want to submit. To summarise, the following options are available:
- short paper submission with oral contribution
- full paper submission with oral contribution
- short paper submission and poster (no talk)
- full paper submission and poster (no talk)
Notice that the choice between poster and oral presentation is only a request. The program committee reserves the right to change the format of a contribution if necessary.
In case of full paper submission, the maximum length is 10 pages (with references included; the number of pages should always be even). In case of short paper submission, the maximum length is 2 pages. In both cases, please typeset your text with the template files provided below.
Authors must follow the LNCS guidelines below for their paper to be published by Springer.
Materials and instructions for the LNCS series
- Information for Authors of Springer Computer Science Proceedings (by Springer) and Springer Guidelines for Authors of Proceedings (pdf file).
- LaTeX 2e Class and Templates for Lecture Notes in Computer Science. :
- Microsoft Word template (other versions available on the Springer website)
- Copyright Form for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (to be uploaded with the camera-ready version of the paper, after acceptance).
To prepare your submission, please download the template files above. You should submit both a source file (either LaTeX or Microsoft Word) and a PDF file. Make sure that the PDF is in A4 format. The files should be submitted to the link at the top of this page.