The International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN) is the annual flagship conference of the European Neural Network Society (ENNS). In 2018 the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki together with the Democritus University of Thrace (Greece) will organize the 27th ICANN Conference from the 5th to the 7th of October 2018 in the exotic island of Rhodes.
– To bring together researchers from two worlds: Information Sciences and Neurosciences
– To keep a wide scope, ranging from Machine Learning Algorithms to models of real nervous systems
– To facilitate discussions and interactions in the effort towards developing more intelligent computational systems and increasing our understanding of neural and cognitive processes in the brain.
– To help researchers to meet, mingle and network with colleagues from all over the world.
– To be the meeting point between research and business.
– To be a global interdisciplinary meeting encompassing Machine Learning and Neural Computation.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
– A solid cutting-edge scientific programme including talks from the world experts in the field of artificial neural networks.
– A conference schedule tailored to encourage interaction between the attendees, with time for networking and discussion.
– The publication of all accepted contributions in the peer-reviewed book of conference proceedings, in the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
– The opportunity to vote and to be considered for the best paper awards, presented during the final ceremony of ICANN.
– A top-level conference in the field with a reasonable registration fee, thanks to the not-for-profit policy of the ENNS organisation.
– An overly attractive conference location in a 5 star Resort (Aldemar Amilia Mare) in the beautiful and very attractive Greek island of Rhodes and social events letting you explore the area.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2018 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts. The conference will
feature three categories of communications:
– oral communications (15’+5′)
– poster communications (on permanent display and 2 hours presentation)
Authors willing to present original contributions for any category must submit a manuscript of maximum 8 pages length that will be refereed to international standards by at least three referees. Accepted papers of contributing authors will be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. Selected papers will be invited after the conference for a full journal paper submission.
Authors willing to present a contribution for oral communications and posters without submitting a full manuscript must submit a 1-3-page abstract that will also be refereed by at least three referees. The abstracts will be published all together in a proceedings section without an author index.
In case of program constraints the priority will be given to original contributions accompanied by a full paper submission.
Submission of communications will be online. More details are available on the conference website.
WORKSHOPS, SPECIAL SESSIONS, DEMONSTRATIONS,
COMPETITION PROPOSALS and TUTORIALS
ICANN 2018 invites proposals for workshops, special sessions, demonstrations, competitions and tutorials to be held during the conference.
For more information, please refer to the Call for Workshops, Special Sessions and Competitions.