Call for contributed scientific communications
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2020 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts. The conference will feature two categories of communications:
- oral communications (15′ presentation + 5′ questions)
- poster communications
All scientific communications presented at ICANN 2020 will be reviewed and scientifically evaluated by a panel of experts.
The review process is single blind: submissions should NOT be anonymous.
Authors willing to present original contributions in either oral or poster category may submit:
- A full paper of about 10-12 pages (maximum 12 pages references included) to be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series with individual DOI.
- An extended abstract of suggested 4 pages to be published in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series, without indexing.
The number of oral slots is limited. In case the number of requested oral presentations is larger than the available slots the ICANN scientific committee will select which papers will be reassigned to a poster session. This selection will be based on the coherence of the programme and is totally independent of the category of submission.
Types of accepted papers
During the submission process, make sure to select the kind of contribution you want to submit. To summarize, the following options are available:
- Full paper for oral presentation
- Extended abstract for oral presentation
- Full paper for poster presentation
- Extended abstract for poster presentation.
Materials and instructions for the LNCS series
- Springer’s authors’ guidelines. Should be consulted before submission.
The following templates should be used for full papers as well as extended abstracts:
- LaTeX Template. Please, note that Springer’s proceedings LaTeX templates are also available in Overleaf.
- Word Template. Whenever possible, please use the LaTeX template instead.
Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers.
If your paper was accepted, please proceed to the final upload via OCS (instruction in OCS). The final upload should contain:
- paper sources (LaTeX or Word)
- paper PDF
- signed copyright form. Template in OCS. Fill out the following:
- Title of the Book: Artificial Neural Networks and Machine Learning – ICANN 2020
- Volume Editor names: Farkaš, Masulli, Wermter (eds.)
Note: The corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a, through which the copyright for their paper is transferred to Springer. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes relating to the authorship of the papers cannot be made.